The manufacturing process implemented by Imperial Tubes involves transforming a hot Strip of suitable thickness and width into a tubular shape. Thereafter, we use a high frequency welding induction welder to get the edges joined neatly under appropriate pressure. Steps involved in the process are:
Hot Rolled Coils are the basic materials required for the manufacturing of steel Tubes and Pipes. The edges are fittingly trimmed to form the final size of the required Pipes and Tubes.
We own seven different, powerful and efficient Tube mills that can produce different NB size pipes.
- Coil Feeding: The right measurement of the last slit coil used is read. Thereafter, the size is selected and loaded on the coiler. It passes from the pinch roller & strip (coil) accumulator to the Formation Rolls of Tube Mill.
- Forming: The resultant strip passes through numerous grooved rolls (Forming and Cluster Rolls) that twist the strips making it cylindrical in shape.
- Welding: Using high frequency induction welders the supporting edges are welded neatly.
- Bead Removal: Beads that are formed in the inside and outside surfaces are removed using efficient cutting tools.
- Seam Annealing: To enhance the physical and metallurgical properties of the pipes a 500 KW electro heating Online Seam Annealer having double inductors is used to heat the seams.
- Sizing: The resultant tubes are passed through many robust and idle rolls to gain pertinent and required size and roundness.
- Eddy Current Tester: We employ Dr. Foerster’s Eddy Current tester to conduct online testing to catch flaws (if any).
- Cutting: We make application of automated hydraulic/pneumatic cutting car to cut long welded tubes up to 12.8 meters.
Final touches are laid out to ensure every pipe is of the desired size and squareness. Installed Online automatic and manual Reaming machines examine the final smoothness level of the end faces. Each and every pipe is tested for no leakage is a process called hydrostatic pressure test. The pipes are tested for tightness & looseness of threads along with defects like sharpness and burning marks etc.